The implementation of the traffic scheme for the 2022 Eid homecoming carried out by the Korlantas Polri is considered a success. The number of accidents in Operation Ketupat 2022 has decreased drastically.
This data was revealed by the Head of the Korlantas Polri, Inspector General of Police Firman Shantyabudi on Monday (9/5/22). According to him, the number of accidents in the 2022 homecoming has decreased by 31 percent.
The decrease in question is when compared to the Eid homecoming season in 2019 or the period before the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Fatalities have also decreased. This is what we hope for a smooth operation, we can stay in touch, accidents will decrease, fatalities will also decrease and hopefully the Covid-19 will not be brought back to Jakarta,” said Firman.
According to him, awareness from the community has helped reduce the number of accidents during this year’s homecoming season.
“As an indicator that the success of this operation is also due to the participation of the entire community who continues to provide input to us while serving this operation,” said Firman.
There were 163 cases of traffic accidents during the 2022 Eid homecoming period from April 28 to May 9 2022 in the Greater area.
Based on data compiled by the Sub-Directorate of Gakkum Polda Metro Jaya, the highest number of accidents occurred in East with a total of 41 accidents. The accident occurred in the arterial channel and the victim was not a homecomer.
Accident case data during the 2022 Ketupat Jaya Operation Photo: Accident case data during the 2022 Ketupat Jaya Operation (doc. Polda Metro Jaya)
The following is the accident data handled by Polda Metro Jaya and its staff during Operation Ketupat 28 April to 9 May 2022:
– Polda Metro Jaya: 15 cases of accidents on arterial routes and involving non-homecomers
– Central Jakarta: 17 accidents on arterial and non-commuting routes
– North Jakarta: 16 accidents on arterial and non-commuting routes
– West Jakarta: 7 accidents for non-commuters, 1 accident for travelers
– South Jakarta: 16 accidents on arterial and non-commuting routes
– East Jakarta: 41 accidents on arterial and non-commuting routes
– Tangerang Kota:17 Accidents on arterial and non-commuting routes
– Bekasi Regency: 20 accidents for non-commuters, 1 accident for travelers
– Depok: 12 accidents on arterial and non-commuting routes
Watch Videos “Homecoming Allowed, How Many Predictions of the Community Will Do It?“